Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Freed from anger

From Kathy

I had an appointment at the beautician that I have only gone to a few times since moving to a new town. I asked the Lord to use me to deliver a micacle just before I walked in.

My hair dresser seemed stressed and exhausted and when it came my turn, I asked if she would just like to take a break and sit down or perhaps I could come back another day. She looked me in the eye and said, "I need to talk to you!"

She told me a story about her learning disabled son who plays high school basketball and how mean the coach had been to her son and the other players after a game they had won and with an undefeated record. I could hardly keep from crying as she told me about how mad and hurt she was and was going to go to the coach and give him a piece of her mind.

I found myself saying, "Wow, that coach has something else going on in his life, we should be praying for him."

She immediately changed and said, "You're right, I'm so glad you said that because I have been upset for days and filled with anger."

She cut my hair as we continued to talk about how most of the team were Christians and she was going home to tell them they all needed to be praying instead of so angry. The treatment was ruining the fun of the basketball season.

I prayed for her before I left and she said, "You were sent here by God today."

She invited me and my husband to the boys next basketball game. It was in another small town by us, but we felt the Lord's leading to go. The boys won their game, the coach was calm and I was told he had asked them all to forgive him for his attitude.

The Lord's mercies are new every morning. Forgiving others and praying for them release His Spirit to touch many hearts.