After reading Bruce's book my wife and I have implemented our partnership with God in a whole new way. This email response is just one of the happenings in our life. Enjoy!
Hi, this is Sara, your food server that waited on you and your wife last Friday at Black Angus Steakhouse in Bakersfield, Ca. I wanted to write you to thank you two so very much for your kind gift.
I have never in my ten years of serving tables been given anything like that. When you handed me the book I had absolutely no idea what was inside. When I walked to the back, I put it into my apron and then went and got my lunch and sat down to eat. Once I sat down I opened the book to look at it and found your card, along with the money. I got chills and wanted to cry--thank you so much.
The day prior I was talking to my husband about these very difficult economic times and how we are struggling--we had received an unexpected bill in the mail for medical services of over two hundred dollars--and wondering when things were going to get better. You just gave me hope that things are going to get better and you just have to have faith.
I truly believe that God meant for us to meet--and this was His way of letting me know that things are going to be okay. You have helped me to have a brighter outlook on the future--and helped to make our Christmas that much better. Thank you so much. I have started reading the book you gave me, and it too has given me motivation to keep going and do my best. I am going to continue substituting during the day and working at the restaurant at night--I was beginning to become disheartened with the thought of not getting hired on as a full time teacher, but I just needed that push to keep subbing and I know that as long as I am there and doing my best, God has everything else layed out for me.
I feel so grateful and special that you and your wife gave me this gift. It has been a wonderful experience and something that I have shared with family and friends and they too believe is incredible and something out of a Hallmark movie, not something that happens to ordinary people like me. Thank you so much. Sara K.